6/29/13

Nothing worse then having a cold in the summer! Try yoga!

I've been sick for the past couple days, hence why I haven't really added anything on here recently.  So I thought since I couldn't really function well enough to add new recipe ideas, I'd talk about my current events and actually open up to more topics!  I've been sick since Thursday and nothing I take ever really shadows the discomfort like the labels tell you.  At least not for me any ways.

I have a chest and head cold.  Sinuses are flared to the max, and my chest feels like I could use a hose to suck out all the crap from my lungs and throat.  I know, attractive. ;) So I went online and googled some options.  First thought was that maybe certain stretches could help relieve my sinuses and my chest.  By the time I got online my mind was already on yoga. So after googling yoga for head/chest colds I came up with quite a few supportive sites for just that.  Many were to open up the lungs, and throat, and others were for my nasal passage.

I thought I would share some of those findings here for you!  Cause I know everyone would love a full recovery from such problems any time of the year!  So here are some links!  I have tried these and they seemed to give me some moderate relieve along side my usual vitamin c (airborne), zinc pills, and Advil, which seem to minimally give relief to the pain this cold is causing. So without further adieu here are the top sites I found to use yoga to help with chest and head colds:

  1. www.yogajournal.com
  2. www.thewell.spafinder.com  - These are three poses that can open up your system and help you to breath a bit easier.
  3. www.yogajournal.com   - This is another reference from Yoga Journal except this one is yoga stretches that are meant to help boost your immunity  towards a cold or flu. Try these especially when people around you are getting sick.  They may make you less likely to get hit as hard if at all. But making these a daily or weekly exercise wouldn't be bad for you either. ;)
  4. www.abc-of-yoga.com   -  Here is a page that helps bring preventing and dealing with a cold together in one.  There is a good list of poses here.
  5. www.videofitness.com   - This is actually a forum post I found for someone else that was wondering about yoga and how it could possibly help them with the flu. Check out this for more information on other peoples thoughts.
 I hope that these links give you some good advise and you can use them to feel much better when you feel like you're down in the dumps like I do!  I know they helped me some.  Enjoy & stay healthy!

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment